Monday 5 May 2014

Thoughts to round up, approaching the last couple of weeks of this Semester

Well, I can't believe that we are already into May!...

After having spent the last two weeks (on vacation for the Easter holidays) looking at the various key contemporary thinkers for Art in western culture, it's time to re-engage with my blog and put my research notes on hold.  I've been on holiday, but strangely, I feel pretty worn out!

Not sure if this feeling is because I've tried to cram too much in to the last two weeks, or whether it's pre-assessment nerves for my Studio Practice 2 assessment tomorrow.  It's crazy really, I have nothing to worry about I'm sure.... But I just "do"...  I've done a reasonable amount of practical work (Although there's always that little nagging voice saying I could always do more),  I've finished my presentation for the assessment (comprising of three * 3 minute 'filmettes'  (or Vignettes I believe is the correct term for such), and I'm well into doing the Contemporary Art in Context Presentation that needs to be ready for the following week.

My Reading & Responding films is below;



The thing is,  I'm feeling really nervous before tomorrow's assessment presentation!  I know it's likely due to the 'unfortunate' trait that believe me is a real hindrance some times, and that is I'm just really conscientious, I just want to do my best, so I automatically get the anxious feelings about anything I do, worrying "is it good enough"... And on it goes.

So today, as my lovely wife was off work too (as it's been a bank holiday here in the UK). I've tried hard to just do as little as possible and try to switch off.  (Blimey, that's been hard!!!)   But my wonderful wife puts up with sooo much, and she deserves a rest too.  Ah well, I do hope that the work done already is acceptable. - 'nuff said!

So my next blog will likely be a round up of how I've got on tomorrow and how the assessment went, and what my plans are for my next presentation, in about a weeks time.

No comments:

Post a Comment