Friday 6 June 2014

Drawing Transformations - Summer Projects

My continued desire to improve my drawing skills has been supplemented over the last few weeks and days with some basic sketching of portraiture, life and studies of hands...  A more detailed blog appears in my Summer Projects blog here >>

The book, Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain, by Dr. Betty Edwards (4th Edition, 2012), Tarcher / Penguin Group publishing,  has been particularly useful.  Many of the exercises at first sight appear quite simple, and yet, through their application, quite complex development is actually being achieved.  I can't recommend this book enough, for anyone with even very limited drawing skills through to professional or student grade artists to use.

Anyway, the journey so far has helped me to produce the following pieces, which are particularly recogniseable from the Betty Edwards teaching style;



I thought these would come in handy...



Perhaps I should cut that out?


Some more hand drawn images.....


No comments:

Post a Comment